- Wire Harness
- Seat Trim
- Plastic Components
- Electric Components
- Fuel Rails & Fuel Pump
- Brake LInes
- Exterior Finishes
- Interior Finishes
- Steering Wheels
Team Quality Services: Since 2021
Represent Tier 1 Suppliers at OEM & Sequencer Facilities
- Established professional relationships with Quality Managers and Quality Engineers
- Perform part audits and provide corrective action on quality issues
- Coordinate and supervise sorting and rework activities
- Negotiate NCTs
- Provide daily and weekly reports to customers through Qnet™
Supplier Quality Engineer/Quality Engineer: 2011 – 2021
- Increased supplier chargeback collections resulting from non-conforming parts by 50% and maintained level 7-years running.
- Initiated, launched, and established Supplier Quality Metric process at Lear-IMA, based on prior experience at General Motors.
- Maintained accurate and complete data capture throughout process, from non-conforming part notification to receipt of certified parts, to chargeback authorization and delivery to finance.
- Provided 3rd party containment training for non-conforming parts to ensure compliance with engineering and supplier work instructions.
- Partnered with Production, Material, and Quality teams to determine non-conforming part root cause and initiate in-plant containment and with suppliers.
- Collaborated with Production, Material and Quality teams to prepare, document, and execute annual ISO 9001 and IATF-16949:2016 compliance audits.
- PFMEA/Risk Management using PDCA and the 5-Step process to identify and measure risk, examine and implement solutions, and monitor results and costs, for both products and processes.
Reliability Engineer – Quality Department, General Motors: 1987 – 2008
- Developed Excel matrix to track all engineering changes and part tryouts.
- Chaired weekly engineering change and part tryout cross-functional meeting, and communicated plans and results to upper management, engineering, and suppliers.
- Coordinated and audited GM specialty vehicle builds and served as export and specialty vehicle liaison for audits, specifications, and as single-point contact for central office engineering, shipping ports, GM-Japan, and Third-Party Audits.
- Led vehicle interior/exterior color harmony activities to reduce issues with vehicle attach parts.
- Led budgeting, manpower, process changes, and product planning as Quality Department Planner.
- Led Tokyo International Auto Show representative for Cadillac DTS model launch in Japan.
Supplier Quality Engineer – Material Department, General Motors: 1992- 1996
- Managed single point contact for supplier non-conformance issues related to part quality.
- Developed supplier expectation/procedural booklet based on QS-9000 requirements.
- Interfaced with both GM and Supplier packaging and transportation personnel.
- Issued PR/Rs (Product Reliability and Reporting) and Cost Recoveries to suppliers for non-conforming parts.
- Managed training for all supplier containment activities.
Planner – Quality Department, General Motors: 1987-1992